Saturday 16 January 2016

Thing 7 Podcasts

      Podcasts may introduce ideas and information and may motivate. They can show what is possible. Through the Circulating ideas Podcasts I was introduced to: (i)attending library conferences in a virtual way through libcon.com; (ii)ALA President '15-'16 Sara Feldman and her views on libraries; (iii)providing library services to the disabled inc. audio and braille material.
   An advantage of Podcasts is the ability to access ideas and information from talks which have happened in the past, a valuable resource.
   Podcasts in this library include interviews with local people re.Local History. In the future Podcasts of speeches made at eg.art- or book- launches may be made. Also storytelling which parents and toddlers/ children may list to in their own time.
   I see Podcasts as an educational tool. Podcasts open up new library ideas and projects in Ireland and beyond.
   I recommend the Podcast http://circulatingideas.com/category/public/leah-white/ which talks about attending virtual library conferences.
Also https://www.ted.com/talks/lisa_bu_how_books_can_open_your_mind  Ted talks are ideas worth talking about.
   On my laptop it appears there is no microphone. It looks as though I need to plug in a m/phone as I do with headphones. If I were to create my own Podcast I may do a storytelling session as I have done s/telling in the library for parents and toddlers/ children.

No comments:

Post a Comment