Saturday 30 January 2016

Thing 9, Video

   Using screencast-o-matic I created a video! This was at my work PC during the week. It was a video of me writing a few lines about regular things which happened at the library that day. I got the hang of making a video and thought I would go back and make a more interesting one.
   This weekend I am at home on my laptop and my ease of using screencast-o-matic has disappeared! Am not managing to create a video. I tried downloading the Recorder and other downloads although seemingly we don't need to download anything to create a video. I am going with my original video and have uploaded it to youtube. I would like to know why I did not manage to make a video on my laptop. I have Windows Vista and the screencast-o-matic website appears as it did last week.
   In the public library borrowers often come in to book a flight, check-in and print off their boarding pass. My idea was to make a video of booking a flight with eg.Aer Lingus. A reasonable comment to make is if you do not have the IT skills to book a flight you may not have the skills to look at a youtube video. Paper explanations may be the way to go in this case!
   In theory, I could wait until next week and continue with the video at my work PC (would it work?), however I would like to finish Thing 9 this weekend.
   E-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines are becoming popular in public libraries. A video showing how to make these user-friendly would be helpful to borrowers who have IT skills. In this regard videos would be helpful in the library.
    My video:   https://youtu.be/6HLeBByOBjw



No comments:

Post a Comment