Tuesday 26 January 2016

Thing 8, Curation tools

   I explored Pinterest. There may be links with the photo to find out more about what has been "pinned". It is visually appealing and exciting. It is a source for new ideas. On the downside there are many images on the screen when choosing an image to "pin" and this can be image overload. It is better when I enlarge the pin and am looking at 1 or a few image only.
   I created 2 library-related boards, Childrens fiction books and Library crafts. My Pinterest link is: https://www.pinterest.com/carolyntunney/
   Could it be put to good use in my library? One use is to create a board for Library crafts (as I have done), pinning ideas to the board when I come across them and referring to the board when the time is right for a Library craft activity! Pinterest may be used to promote the library, similar to the Rapid City Public Library's page. Boards which may be created in my library include: (a)activities held - junior and adult; (b)books eg. newly published, "my favourite books", classics; (c)Local history section.


No comments:

Post a Comment