Saturday 6 February 2016

Thing 11, Reflective Practice

   I plan on doing 1 Thing per week form now (Thing 11) until Thing 23. For me making a good start at the beginning of the week helps. Is tús maith leath na hoibre/ A good start is half the work!
   I have not finished the course and today is 02/02/16! That is ok. I moved house in September last, work needs to be done to make the house homely, it is a busy time. Also I really want/ need to keep up with my other activities eg. sport and singing, to stay healthy and happy! Time too to relax and do very little, yes!
   Even though I have been busy for the past number of months I also know about procrastination! When I am not especially busy and still jobs may not get done.
   I am doing R23 on my own. I e-mailed staff in my library authority about the course last summer a few times, as far as I am aware there were no takers. I welcome the opportunity to share my experiences with others and I am interested to find out about other peoples experiences, especially in person. I enjoy reading the blogs of other R23 participants, it shows me the many perspectives and ideas that are out there. A few participants may be reading my blogs. We are sharing the course in a virtual way!
   Tip for managing time: if I would like to spend time on a R23 Thing at eg.12pm, be ready at 11.55am, The same is true for when I need to leave the house, be ready 5 mins. early. Otherwise it may be eg.12.10pm by the time I get to open R23. This is a tip I need to work on!
   Another tip for managing time is to have a deadline. Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind. The R23 Presentation Ceremony is due to take place 3 weeks from now 27/02/16. I will attend though not receive a certificate as I have not finished the course. I plan to have finished Thing 14 before the Ceremony.
   Sr.Mary, a music teacher in my secondary school said "If you want something done ask a busy woman/ man" and I reckon there is truth in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment