Tuesday 10 May 2016

Thing 10 - Live streaming

   I use Skype regularly with family and friends and I realise I have been live-streaming already! I tried it once for a work meeting though the reception was bad. I have tried Google Hangout also.
   I looked and listened to the R23 Hangout-on-Air where 2 of the R23 team hosted a discussion with 3 participants. The discussion included how participants would use the tools presented in R23 in a professional capacity. It was great to see and hear what can be done using Google Hangout-on-Air and YouTube. Well done R23!
  Live Streaming/ Google Hangout-on-Air tool may be used by for library conferences inc. the LAI. Due to staff and budget constraints it is not always possible for staff to attend conferences. Live Streaming is a way for staff to attend a conference in a virtual way. Staff may contribute to the conference or simply listen in. I am interested in attending a Liboncon conference in a virtual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment